Phew! It's taken me a while to put this together, but I'm finally done! What is it that has taken me so long to do, you might ask?
I've been tagged! I've seen a lot of blogs participating in tags over the years, but this is actually the first time it's ever happened to me. I was tagged by the lovely Kir Gallo from Mama Tink's Tinkerings. She's a sassy mama with a great outlook on life and a sweet little Etsy shop where she sells her one of a kind jewelry! Please stop by and say hello to Kir!
OK. Let's see if I can get this right.
- You must post the rules.
- Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link them on your post. (OK. You know me... Being the rule breaker that I am, I'm choosing 5 people to tag.)
- Let them know you've tagged them!
- I have no pigment at the back of my eyes. Sounds a little creepy, right? Not really. It's not the most common thing in the world, but I'm not alone either. The only real downside is that it makes me extremely photosensitive. I have to wear sunglasses all year long. Even when it's "mostly cloudy".
- I am addicted to pasta.
- I used to be an avid white water rafter. There are several places in the Adirondacks that offer guided rafting trips (see video below) that are just a short drive North of where I live, but I've never been on a guided trip. We always used a friend's raft.
- I only gained 14 pounds with my first born. I ate like a little piggy when I finally could eat, but had morningnoonandnight sickness for the first two trimesters.
- I've had 2 dogs during my life and both were Golden Retrievers. After we lost our beloved Max in 2002, we made a decision to focus all of our love and attention on the three cats that currently rule our lives, but if we ever decide to get another dog, I have a feeling it will be another Golden.
- I have big "big toes". They aren't freakishly huge, (at least I don't think they are. LOL) but my daughter is less than ecstatic that I passed them on to her.
- One of the doctors I see (2 - 3 times per year) takes absolutely NO insurance. His office visits are $500. And that doesn't include testing or other ancillary expenses!
- Aside from my darling hubbs, I think the most beautiful man to have ever graced this planet was Cary Grant.
- My white velvet and satin taffeta wedding dress was tailor made for me and only cost $250.
- I was married on my brother's 30th birthday.
- The only sport I've ever followed "religiously" is Ice Hockey. We had an AHL franchise of the Detroit Red Wings here in town and my dad had season tickets. They moved the franchise to another city after about 5 years and were eventually replaced by an IHL team, but I lost my passion for the game when they left and haven't followed hockey since.
My Questions To Answer:
- What made you start blogging? I needed an outlet after I stopped working outside of the home. It was a scary thing at first, but I'm glad I did it.
- Have you ever been to a foreign country? I've been to two. Canada (many times) and Ireland (once, but I plan to go back - hopefully several times)
- What was your favorite book? Can't say that I have a favorite, but Memoirs of a Geisha was a surprisingly excellent read. I picked it up thinking I'd lose interest quickly, but found that I couldn't put it down.
- What dead celebrity would you like to meet and what would you talk about? I'd love to meet Cary Grant (see #8 in "facts about me") Not sure that I'd say anything. I'd probably just stare and swoon. (sigh...)
- What is your current favorite musical artist/group and why? Definitely can't pick a favorite here. I love so many different genres and artists. Lately, I'm really liking Christina Perri.
- What was your first job? Playground leader/monitor, when I was 15
- If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Right here where I am. I wouldn't mind having homes in other places that I could spend time at, but this is home and always will be.
- Who do you like better? Britney Spears or Christina Aquilara? Christina. Without question. She has more talent in her little finger than Brit has in her entire body. (was that a tad strong?)
- Do you have a fake or real Christmas tree? The real deal. Every year.
- What is your favorite current TV show? Hmmm. Another hard one to whittle down to just one. Love Fringe and Big Bang Theory, but there are several that we watch regularly.
- What is one thing you would change about yourself? My insecurities.
People I've Tagged:
Maureen at It's All Connected
Susie at Little Susie Home Maker
Michelle at Michelle's Little Piece Of Heaven
Pat at Pat's Pink Apron
Dree from Dree's Things
Questions For You (The People I've Tagged) To Answer:
- Do you currently live where you were born?
- Describe your blog in 20 words or less.
- What did you have for breakfast today?
- Do you prefer fine dining restaurants, family style eateries or downright hole-in-the wall diners and dives?
- Name 3 things in your pantry right now.
- How many times a week do you do laundry?
- Did you have a teenage "crush"? If yes, describe them in 10 words.
- If you went to prom, do you have any regrets about what you wore or would you still wear it today?
- Do you ever wear pink? If not, why?
- Who is in charge of paying the bills in your household?
- How many times did you use the word "and" in the previous 10 questions? (Don't count this answer)